Eclipse has always prided itself on being able to respond to challenging situations and the importance of forward planning paid dividends in 2020, as Daren Wood, head of sales and marketing, explains in his review of 2020.
As the company settled into delivering the major projects that it had been awarded, the Covid-19 pandemic hit and the first national lockdown in England announced.
Fortunately, Eclipse already had a continuity plan which was rapidly put into place to protect both staff and customers. This enabled us to continue to operate with minimal disruption whilst still providing support to our clients wherever – and whenever – it was needed.
As essential workers and an award-winning business, we are dedicated to working with and supporting our customers and were determined not to let them down. When we were contacted by clients asking whether we could continue to offer the support they had come to depend on, we were able to respond positively.
Dr Mark Almond, technical director, said: “The customer lies at the very heart of our business. We have developed an excellent relationship with all of our clients so when the call came, without hesitation and with the dedication of our staff, we offered our full and continued commitment.”
Looking back at 2020, the management team is immensely proud of how every member of staff has rolled up their sleeves and continued to deliver innovative and invaluable work.
Achievements and completed projects this year include:
- Retained the support contract by Government Facilities Services Limited (GFSL – a Ministry of Justice owned company) to maintain electronic perimeter security in more than 25 HM prisons across the UK
- Carried out major CCTV projects to provide additional security in challenging environments
- Designed and installed a major control room at a MOD site
- Worked with our partner L3Harris to install a state-of-the-art C-UAV system into a MOD establishment, helping to protect the UK’s Critical National Infrastructure (CNI)
- Designed and installed an intruder detection system integrating CCTV and radar into a CNI site’s security management system and control room
- Introduced new security fogging devices Defender and Overwatch, pictured, to the marketplace and received industry media coverage for the product launch
- Added to a leading bank’s supplier list by working with existing security providers.
The experiences of 2020 have given the company the resilience to face whatever next year may bring and early signs are that it promises to be even more successful.
Alan Drinkwater, Eclipse managing director, said: “The safety of our staff and clients is – and always will be – our number one priority in these strange times.
“We have exciting new developments in the pipeline with some amazing and unique technologies, which means we can provide our clients with even greater security.”
Alan, Mark, Daren and everyone at Eclipse Digital Solutions Ltd would like to wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.