We are recruiting a motivated and experienced security systems business development manager to join our award-winning team.
As a market leader, Eclipse Digital Solutions design, install, commission and maintain high-end integrated security solutions nationwide in sectors such as the Ministry of Justice, Critical National Infrastructure, Ministry of Defence and UK Government.
Working with our customers to understand their requirements, we design and build innovative and award-winning solutions to meet their needs. As testament to our desire to be innovative, we have been recognised by our industry peers and have been winners in the Security & Fire Excellence Awards on both occasions we’ve entered.
Although a well-established security solutions provider, we still trade on our initial values; providing an excellent service and using quality products, delivered by a first-rate team.
Recognising the importance of a work-life balance, we offer a supportive environment that allows our team to achieve personal and professional goals.
As a fast-growing company with ambitious targets and plans for further expansion, we’re looking for a candidate that has the vision and desire to grow with us and progress their career in line with our growth plans.
As a business development manager, you will be responsible for helping us achieve our ambition by finding new business opportunities and building on our existing customer base.
We work in the high security estate working with customers such as the Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Justice, UK Government and across the Critical National Infrastructure estate and our customers both appreciate and demand the high quality service we provide. You will identify and develop long term relationships, identifying customers’ security requirements, and along with our engineering team, provide them with the right solution to meet their specific needs.
As we are constantly evolving, ensuring we stay ahead of other providers and taking your place as part of a close-knit team, you will be encouraged to offer feedback and ideas on how we can maintain that advantage we fiercely protect.
Due to the nature of our customers, the successful applicant will need to undergo and pass background checks.
About the job
Working as part of our sales team, you will have a proven track record in the security industry and possess strong knowledge of electronic security systems, including CCTV, access control, and intruder alarms, knowledge of fire alarm systems and perimeter intrusion detection systems (PIDS) is an advantage but not necessarily essential.
You will be responsible for the promotion and sales of electronic security systems including CCTV, intruder alarms, access control and associated products.
Eclipse Digital Solutions are a nationwide security integrator, and as such regular travel is essential as part of this role, both in the UK and possibly abroad.
In this role you will:
- Be able to work autonomously and self-sufficiently.
- Identify and build your own customer base.
- Initiate new partnerships and business opportunities.
- Maintain client and other business stakeholder relationships.
- Present products and services to new customers and offer new services to existing customers.
- Attend meetings and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, when applicable.
- Prepare and make presentations to prospective clients.
- Maintain impeccable conduct by delivering excellent levels of customer service.
- Collaborate with the head of sales and marketing to identify and implement effective marketing strategies.
- Plan, organise and prioritise workloads in line with project and team requirements.
- Identify new products and services.
- Become a subject matter expert on the company’s services, processes and operations and remaining up-to-date on industry news.
- Represent and act as an ambassador for the company when visiting customers’ sites.
- Maintain and build up a good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders including colleagues, customers, suppliers and senior management teams.
- Always promote a positive and professional image of the department, by adhering to company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Be able to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will;
- Have good attention to detail with strong planning and organisational abilities.
- Be computer literate with a high level of competency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Enjoy a challenge, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, with a good track record in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Have the ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure, to meet deadlines and manage business expectations.
- Be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work.
- Contribute towards the continuous development of our processes and practices. We encourage feedback from all our employees in ways to make our processes and practices more efficient.
- A legal right to work in the UK.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Successfully complete and pass background checks.
Alongside a competitive salary, Eclipse offers the following benefits:
- Contributions towards company pension scheme.
- Generous commission structure.
- A company vehicle or cash in lieu.
- Mobile phone and laptop.
- A positive work environment.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- Training and development opportunities.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing experience and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org