Eclipse Digital Solutions Ltd are seeking a motivated and skilled security systems installation and commissioning engineer to join our team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the company and progress their career in line with our growth plans.
As a security systems installation and commissioning engineer, you will be responsible for installing, commissioning, and maintenance of new and existing security installations. Our engineering department based out of our Warrington office and oversees all design, installation, and maintenance activities.
We are reliant on strong communication throughout and utilise modern communication methods to make our operation more efficient. We employ software packages which drive this streamlined communication, namely Microsoft Teams and SimPRO Job management software and the use of these software packages proficiently is essential to the team.
We work as a close-knit team and encourage feedback and ideas on how we can continuously improve.
About the job
Working as part of our engineering team, you will undertake and supervise the delivery of access control, intruder detection and CCTV systems installation and service to our clients who require the highest level of security.
Eclipse Digital Solutions are a nationwide security integrator, as such regular travel is essential as part of this role, both in the UK and abroad.
In this role you will:
- Represent and act as an ambassador for the company when visiting customers on site.
- Conduct and oversee the Installation, commissioning and maintenance of access control, CCTV, intruder detection systems, in compliance with company and industry standards.
- Gather, maintain, and update documentation in line with customer specifications, drawings, and contractual requirements.
- Respond to call out/helpdesk tickets.
- Upkeep and maintain assigned vehicles, tools, plant equipment and work areas.
- Plan, organise and prioritise workloads in line with project requirements.
- Comply and monitor standards of health and safety and safe systems of work.
- Maintain impeccable conduct by delivering excellent levels of customer service.
- Make observations and recommendation regarding the dilapidation of systems/components and provide detailed information to the account manager for purpose of quotation.
- Complete detailed work reports and records in-line with our internal systems.
- Actively promote the company’s products and services.
- Coordinate work and provide guidance and assistance to team members and sub contractors.
- Attend meetings and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, when applicable.
- Order equipment and review project requirements to ensure the continuity of work.
- To always promote a positive and professional image of the department, by adhering to company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Work as part of a larger team to develop working practices and procedures.
- Maintain and build up a good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders including colleagues, customers, suppliers and senior management teams.
- Be able to work efficiently and effectively as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively with all other departments.
- Be able to work autonomously and self-sufficiently.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will have a strong technical knowledge with experience in:
- Access control installation, maintenance and commissioning.
- Intruder alarm installation, maintenance and commissioning.
- CCTV installation, maintenance and commissioning.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of the relevant British Standards surrounding security systems.
- A good attention to detail with strong planning and organisational abilities.
- Be computer literate with a high level of competency in Microsoft Office packages.
- Enjoy a challenge, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills, with a good track record in delivering outstanding customer service.
- Have a strong orientation towards quality, safety and continuous improvement.
- Have the ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure, to meet deadlines and manage business expectations.
- Be adaptable and flexible in your approach to work.
- Contribute toward the continuous development of our processes and practices, we encourage feedback from all our engineers in ways to make our processes and practices more efficient for you the engineers.
- A legal right to work in the UK.
- Educational Requirements
- GCSE level C+ in Mathematics, English & Science (or equivalent).
- N.V.Q Level 3 Electrical Installations, or equivalent.
- Full UK driving licence.
The below are a list of desirable but non-essential experiences:
- ECS Card.
- Milestone XProtect experience.
- Axis experience.
- Bosch CCTV experience.
- Inner Range access control experience.
- Gallagher access control experience.
- Honeywell Galaxy experience.
- Texecom Premier Elite experience.
- Advancis WinGuard experience.
- Where you hold other manufacturer experience/certifications please list these in your CV or application.
Alongside a competitive salary, Eclipse offers the following benefits:
- Contributions towards company pension scheme.
- Company vehicle.
- Mobile phone and laptop.
- Positive work environment.
- Culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- Training and development opportunities.
To apply, please send a C.V and covering letter detailing salary expectations to email@example.com